Re: ACTION-233: Update quality issue example to use the solution (XML in "script" tag) for standoff markup

On 8.10.2012 19:35, Yves Savourel wrote:

> I'm looking at how this new encapsulation of the stand-off localization quality issues (or how global rules in Pedro's case) could be used within <script> and I have the following two notes to start:
>
> -- a) script type:
>
> We need a way to specify the content of the script is ITS. I don't think it's reasonable to expect ITS processors to just try any script content.
>
> It seems the type attribute must be a valid MIME type. Maybe this is the occasion to use the ITS MIME type we've defined long ago?
> Actually I can't recall exactly what its status is, but if it's not accepted yet we should push it forward. See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2011Dec/0000.html for the latest news about it.

Yep, using MIME is the right approach.

> -- b) src
>
> The content of the script can be in an external file. I assume we should not use this for ITS content. Is that right?

+1

Also we should discourage users from using markup in <script>. It should
be only the last resort when external rules can't be used and HTML
serialization must be used.

    Jirka