Re: ACTION-233: Update quality issue example to use the solution (XML in "script" tag) for standoff markup

2012/10/2 Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>

> On 2.10.2012 11:37, Phil Ritchie wrote:
>
> > Before I can answer the question can you tell me what the motivation for
> > using the script tags is? My demo in Prague used standoff without needing
> > to wrap them in script tags.
>
> The trouble is that HTML5 doesn't have support for including "XML
> islands" into it. Only way how to embed custom XML into HTML5 is to
> embed it inside <script> element and make sure that your XML doesn't
> contain <script> element.
>
> Of course if you use XML or XHTML there is no need for doing such weird
> things.
>
> Given the number of things which must be done differently in HTML5 I'm
> thinking that having two spec -- one with definition of datacategories
> and XML syntax and second defining how to use and map this to HTML5 as
> more clean and clear approach.

I agree on separating this makes sense, but maybe we can agree on two parts
(among others) of the same document, or the approach of having data
category sections for XML syntax, and a specific "how to use and map to
HTML5" section?

Felix

>                         Jirka

>   Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz
>        Professional XML consulting and training services
>   DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
>  OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member

Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow