W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > November 2012

Re: 2nd Update [Agenda] MLW-LT call 19 November, 4 p.m. UTC

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 11:42:17 +0100
Message-ID: <50AA0D09.1030607@w3.org>
To: Olaf-Michael Stefanov <olaf@stefanov.at>
CC: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Am 19.11.12 11:36, schrieb Olaf-Michael Stefanov:
> Dear Felix and colleagues,
>
> I will not be able to take part in today's WG meeting as it overlaps 
> with an *online meeting* of the *JIAMCATT Working Group on 
> Standardization and Interoperability (S&I)*, which takes place from 
> 15:00 to 17:00 UTC today (with online conferencing services provided 
> by ITU, the International Telecommunications Union). I am moderating 
> this WG meeting.
> Of information to the MLW-LT WG on ITS 2.0 is that I will be making a 
> brief oral update on ITS 2.0. Major agenda items will be Alan Melby 
> and Tyler Snow, BYU providing JIAMCATT a Webinar to update them 
> regarding of Linport and associated tools (following Alan's 
> introductory talk at the JIAMCATT-2012 f2f meeting in Luxembourg in 
> April). There is also a reference to ITS 2.0 in this webinar. Also, 
> someone from the United Nations Secretariat in New York will be 
> introducing "*Akoma Ntoso"*, a draft standard for XML mark-up for 
> parliamentary documents (recently a WG was set up for this within 
> OASIS) and its possible introduction for General Assembly resolutions 
> and related documentation.
>
> There is also a 2nd JIAMCATT WG meeting preceding that of the S&I 
> group, that of the *Machine Translation WG of JIAMCATT*. In that 
> meeting, where I am a member, there will be presentations on"avenues 
> for exploration" for MT at the European Commission, technical 
> presentations on various aspects of the ongoing WIPO-UNHQ joint MT 
> project, an update on MT at ITU, and a presentation and discussion on 
> how to test MT usability.
>
> To the extent that I can report on outputs and sentiment from these 
> closed meetings (each 2 hrs long), that may be relevant to the MLW-LT 
> WG and ITS 2.0, I offer to do so.
>
> Wishing you all a successful meeting this afternoon, and hoping you do 
> the same for me,

Of course! Thanks a lot for the info, and looking forward to hear about 
the outcome of the meeting.

Best,

Felix

> olaf-michael (stefanov)
>
> On 2012-11-19 08:07, Felix Sasaki wrote:
>> Changes: updated disambiguation thread, added localization precis thread.
>>
>> Time: 19 November, 4 p.m. UTC. See
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Main_Page#Upcoming
>>
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121119T16
>>
>> DIAL IN DETAILS: 
>> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dial_in_info_for_regular_call
>>
>> 0) Timeline
>>
>> For the specification, see work schedule update at
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0081.html
>> for the test suite, see
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIk0-aoSKOadG5HQmJDT2EybWVvVC1VbnF5alN2S3c#gid=0
>> and Yves' mail at
>>
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0081.html
>>
>>
>> It is crucial to assure a test file review before we move to last 
>> call draft.
>>
>> ISSUES
>>
>> 1) mtconfidence
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/41
>> waiting for editing, see
>> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/287
>>
>>
>>
>> 2)  "confidence score" proposal
>> See
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0112.html
>> Goal: adopt the proposal and create an editors action item for it.
>>
>>
>>
>> 3) Rename "translation provenance", see issue-22 question at
>>
>> See update of draft from Dave at 
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0089.html
>> And 
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0110.html
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0120.html
>> Goal: agree on edits
>>
>> 4) Tool information
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/42
>>
>> See latest thread at 
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0064.html
>>
>> Latest draft is attached to
>>
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0078.html
>>
>> Goal: decide on "URI structure" issue and try to close "tool 
>> information" topic.
>>
>>
>> 5) For the editors: Pedro's text at
>>
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0034.html
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 6) Global rule action items
>> See esp. action-295 for localisation quality precis (Des),  
>> action-296 for MT-confidence (David), action-292 for domain (Ankit)
>>
>>
>> 7) global rules for qa issue
>> See
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0103.html
>> Proposal is to have only "adding" attributes, with the exception of 
>> locQualityIssueRefPointer)
>> Goal: decide about this, create editing action item
>>
>>
>>
>> 8) Disambiguation section health check
>>
>> See latest edits from Yves
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0132.html
>> Goal: check what needs to be done.
>>
>>
>> 9) Review of edits
>>
>> See
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0088.html
>>
>> and
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0116.html
>>
>> Goal: assure that there is at least one reviewer
>>
>>
>> 10) localization quality precis - see
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0130.html
>> Goal: check what needs to be done before last call.
>>
>>
>> 11) AOB
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Felix
>>
>
Received on Monday, 19 November 2012 10:42:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 9 June 2013 00:25:03 UTC