W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > November 2012

Re: 2nd Update [Agenda] MLW-LT call 19 November, 4 p.m. UTC

From: Olaf-Michael Stefanov <olaf@stefanov.at>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 11:36:24 +0100
Message-ID: <50AA0BA8.3020203@stefanov.at>
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Dear Felix and colleagues,

I will not be able to take part in today's WG meeting as it overlaps 
with an *online meeting* of the *JIAMCATT Working Group on 
Standardization and Interoperability (S&I)*, which takes place from 
15:00 to 17:00 UTC today (with online conferencing services provided by 
ITU, the International Telecommunications Union). I am moderating this 
WG meeting.
Of information to the MLW-LT WG on ITS 2.0 is that I will be making a 
brief oral update on ITS 2.0. Major agenda items will be Alan Melby and 
Tyler Snow, BYU providing JIAMCATT a Webinar to update them regarding of 
Linport and associated tools (following Alan's introductory talk at the 
JIAMCATT-2012 f2f meeting in Luxembourg in April). There is also a 
reference to ITS 2.0 in this webinar. Also, someone from the United 
Nations Secretariat in New York will be introducing "*Akoma Ntoso"*, a 
draft standard for XML mark-up for parliamentary documents (recently a 
WG was set up for this within OASIS) and its possible introduction for 
General Assembly resolutions and related documentation.

There is also a 2nd JIAMCATT WG meeting preceding that of the S&I group, 
that of the *Machine Translation WG of JIAMCATT*. In that meeting, where 
I am a member, there will be presentations on"avenues for exploration" 
for MT at the European Commission, technical presentations on various 
aspects of the ongoing WIPO-UNHQ joint MT project, an update on MT at 
ITU, and a presentation and discussion on how to test MT usability.

To the extent that I can report on outputs and sentiment from these 
closed meetings (each 2 hrs long), that may be relevant to the MLW-LT WG 
and ITS 2.0, I offer to do so.

Wishing you all a successful meeting this afternoon, and hoping you do 
the same for me,
olaf-michael (stefanov)

On 2012-11-19 08:07, Felix Sasaki wrote:
> Changes: updated disambiguation thread, added localization precis thread.
>
> Time: 19 November, 4 p.m. UTC. See
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Main_Page#Upcoming
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121119T16
>
> DIAL IN DETAILS: 
> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dial_in_info_for_regular_call
>
> 0) Timeline
>
> For the specification, see work schedule update at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0081.html
> for the test suite, see
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIk0-aoSKOadG5HQmJDT2EybWVvVC1VbnF5alN2S3c#gid=0
> and Yves' mail at
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0081.html
>
>
> It is crucial to assure a test file review before we move to last call 
> draft.
>
> ISSUES
>
> 1) mtconfidence
>
> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/41
> waiting for editing, see
> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/287
>
>
>
> 2)  "confidence score" proposal
> See
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0112.html
> Goal: adopt the proposal and create an editors action item for it.
>
>
>
> 3) Rename "translation provenance", see issue-22 question at
>
> See update of draft from Dave at 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0089.html
> And 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0110.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0120.html
> Goal: agree on edits
>
> 4) Tool information
>
> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/42
>
> See latest thread at 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0064.html
>
> Latest draft is attached to
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0078.html
>
> Goal: decide on "URI structure" issue and try to close "tool 
> information" topic.
>
>
> 5) For the editors: Pedro's text at
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0034.html
>
>
>
>
> 6) Global rule action items
> See esp. action-295 for localisation quality precis (Des), action-296 
> for MT-confidence (David), action-292 for domain (Ankit)
>
>
> 7) global rules for qa issue
> See
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0103.html
> Proposal is to have only "adding" attributes, with the exception of 
> locQualityIssueRefPointer)
> Goal: decide about this, create editing action item
>
>
>
> 8) Disambiguation section health check
>
> See latest edits from Yves
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0132.html
> Goal: check what needs to be done.
>
>
> 9) Review of edits
>
> See
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0088.html
>
> and
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0116.html
>
> Goal: assure that there is at least one reviewer
>
>
> 10) localization quality precis - see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0130.html
> Goal: check what needs to be done before last call.
>
>
> 11) AOB
>
> Best,
>
> Felix
>
Received on Monday, 19 November 2012 10:36:53 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 9 June 2013 00:25:03 UTC