Re: [ACTION-256]: Compile and circulate itsTool examples togehter with proposal text

On 7.11.2012 13:54, Felix Sasaki wrote:

> That means that we require the "end" of the URI to be XML. I would oppose
> to that. Either we say "anything can be on the other end of the URI", or
> we speciy what is here. About the Linguaserve case: as Jirka noted, we can
> leave that use case implementation defined - it would simplify a lot about
> the HTML processing.

Indeed. Just to make it crystal clear. URL approach would mean that
instead of pointing to structure like:

<its:toolInfo xml:id="T2" dataCategory="MTConfidence">
  <its:toolName>myMT</its:toolName>
  <its:toolVersion>456</its:toolVersion>
  <its:toolValue>FR-to-EN-General</its:toolValue>
 <its:toolInfo>

which can be in the same file or in external file, you would encode
everything into single URL:

its:toolsRef="MTConfidence|http://mymt.org/toolinfo?version=456&value=FR-to-EN-General"

URL "http://mymt.org/toolinfo?version=456&value=FR-to-EN-General" is not
meant to be dereferenced. There will be no resource at this URL it is
just way how to encode all necessary data into one string.

Such approach is not uncommon. For example XQuery/XSLT uses this for
defining collations where each implementations provides differents
parameters for initializing collation.

    Jirka