Re: [ACTION-256]: Compile and circulate itsTool examples togehter with proposal text

2012/11/7 Dave Lewis <dave.lewis@cs.tcd.ie>

>  Hi Felix,
> Yes, the URI pointer work in most cases, but this is to address the case
> where we want to embed the target of the pointer in the file (based on the
> case linguaserv brought up in Lyon, where they may be able to ammend file
> but can add new ones to a client's CMS, so it problematic to mandate an
> external file only) and it is HTML file, so a simple element fragment URI
> won't work.

Why?

> We are also, I guess, trying to make the solution a similar as possible to
> the stand-off markup case to ease implementation.

That means that we require the "end" of the URI to be XML. I would oppose
to that. Either we say "anything can be on the other end of the URI", or
we speciy what is here. About the Linguaserve case: as Jirka noted, we can
leave that use case implementation defined - it would simplify a lot about
the HTML processing.

--
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow