RE: [ACTION-264] Follow up on domain list topic with DCU

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 13:12:27 -0700
To: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi Pablo, Thomas, Ankit, all,

> During the TPAC we discussed (maybe you are aware, http://www.w3.org/2012/11/02-mlw-lt-minutes.html)
> the possibility of lowercasing the mapping result in the domain algorithm
> (http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#domain), so as to
> polishing it a little bit. Since you normally use your SUBJECT AREAS in uppercase
> (see file attached), we need to know if it is ok for you or we better do it the other
> way around, Ankit already confirmed that he is fine with the approach.

It seems we may have two contradictory aspects:

-1) HTML is not case-sensitive, so the domains taken of meta-keywords need to be mapped in a case-insensitive way.

-2) We can't know for sure if the MT system will be case-sensitive or not (We can in our use cases, but not in general).

So maybe we can do this:

- do the lowercasing when looking for mapped values in domainMapping.
- but ensure we return the values 9mapped or not) in the original case we got them.

Cheers,