Re: [All] new issue: propose to drop genre, purpose and register data category proposals

2012/5/9 Dr. David Filip <David.Filip@ul.ie>

> Thanks Declan, I also think that at least domain should be primarily
> approached as a fixed ontology (it remains to be seen which or which set of
> ontologies)
>
> What I suggested was that some and *maybe all* of the categories should
> allow for user defined extensions.

I would rather prefer to say: the metadata we are developing doesn't say
anything about other metadata that may be related to the content we are
adding it to. That means, everybody is free to develop his own, private
values. Having private values within one field is problematic.

Felix

--
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow