Re: An additional data category

Hi Arle,
I think it would be worth including this. The need for a segment marker
as mark-up is coming up a lot in discussion on the list in relation to
other data categoeis, e.g. idValue, targetpointer. To date fragment
identification in ITS has been opportunistic, i.e. we add attributes if
there's an existing elements or an xpath concoctions that enables it.

However, may of the new data categories will really only deliver benefit
if they can be applied comprehensively across all segment's in a
document. A clear segment mark-up is then a possible solution for
implementers who want to fully reap these benefits and are willing to
bear of mark-up overhead involved.

cheers,
Dave