Re: Resolution proposal for ISSUE-2

Am 22. März 2012 13:52 schrieb Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>:

> On 22.3.2012 13:09, Felix Sasaki wrote:
>
> > Solution 1) will be user friendly, and we will define an RELAX NG schema
> > HTML5+ITS (or + XYZ). The same approach has been taken for Aria in the
> > accessibility space, and Aria is now even part of the HTML5 core
> language.
> >
> > Comments are very welcome. I hope we can agree on during next week's call
> > and find a volunteer for maintaining the schema and another one for the
> > mappings.
>
> I volunteer for creating and maintaining schema.

Great, thanks a lot.

> > Regarding the "URIs for element nodes in HTML5" discussion: Ivan said
> that
> > our group should consider whether this is really an issue.
>
> I would expected more positioned reply from SW activity lead :-)

Well, to be fair, he was more precise:

"RDFa does not include any definition, as far as the extracted RDF is
concerned, on pointing 'back' to the original source structure. This should
be done explicitly. I am not sure whether this is a major issue, this is
something for the group to consider..."

But the essence is the same: is it important for us?

> Anyway we probably shouldn't spend much time on mappings as I can't
> imagine anyone using RDFa/microdata in favor of simple attributes.

I hope that the mapping can be fairly mechanical and will not need much
time. Even if it is not created by hand, I can imagine tools like Enrycher
that easily can generate it. Having then a mapping of Enrycher output as an
input to schema.org based SEO is a nice scenario, IMO, but it depends on
RDFa/microdata.

Felix

>                                Jirka

>  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz
>       Professional XML consulting and training services
>  DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
>  OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member

Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow