Re: [All] ITS 2.0 first draft, please review by Thursday

On 18.6.2012 3:09, Felix Sasaki wrote:

> I am sure I forgot *a lot*, but we want to get a first draft out soon, so
> this should be a basis. By Thursday, please reply *to this thread* and
> - Let me know what to change

Hi Felix,

I think that we should take different approach for HTML5 attributes. I
have not good idea yet, let me think about it for a while.

I think that main body of spec should define data categories in a
neutral way and define schema fragments for XML serialization of ITS.

I think that it would be better to have HTML5 attribute implementation
described in one separate section -- this way people interested in using
ITS only with XML content will not be bothered with strange HTML5 sort
of duplicated attributes.

Also it probably doesn't make sense to have schema for HTML5 attributes
in spec as HTML5 spec itself doesn't have schema at all. But of course
we should provide this schema for easy plugging into validator.nu.

I'm not sure if there is time before Thursday to reorganize text in this
way, at least we should use the right convention for converting
camel-case in names of HTML5 attributes. For example instead of

[26]  att.local.html5.attribute.its-locNote  ::=   attribute its-locNote
{ string }?

we should have

[26]  att.local.html5.attribute.its-locNote  ::=   attribute
its-loc-note { string }?

HTML5 parsing normalizes attribute names to lower-case so it doesn't
make sense to use upper-case letters in spec. It will lead only to
confusion when someone will be looking for attribute names with
upper-case letters in name inside DOM.

Felix, thanks for kicking this out.

    Jirka