Re: ISSUE 16: parameters for rules

On 16.6.2012 10:36, Yves Savourel wrote:

> <its:param> would be just to define the defaults and declare the variables. I think it’s needed in XPath. The tools can override the defaults any way they want.
>
> Jirka, please correct me if needed.

Yes, each ITS implementation can provide it's own mechanism for setting
ITS parameters.

I think that Felix's concern was about possible name clashes with XSLT
parameters he uses internally in his XSLT implementation. For XSLT based
implementation it would be logical to map ITS parameters directly to
XSLT parameters, because otherwise all XPath expression with variable
references will have to be parsed and reconstructed later on.

Felix, if this is your concern you can put your internal parameters into
namespace. It's not very well know feature of XSLT, but you can have:

<xsl:param name="my:param1"/>

<xsl:value-of select="$my:param"/>

This will prevent possible clashes with ITS parameters in your case.

     Jirka