Re: [all] call for concensus on Translation Provenance Agent (related to ISSUE-22)

On 26/07/2012 08:01, Felix Sasaki wrote:
> P.S.: having just "agent" has of course the drawback that you need
> more rule elements to express the same information.
> However, it has the benefit that you can be more specific wrt
> optionality of attributes: currently, all "agent" related attributes
> are attributes, so this

You mean all 'attributes are optional' right? Yes, that's a good point.
I wasn't sure about the correct formulation for this and just took the
lead from the rubyRule where all the attributes are also optional, but
you are right this leaves the meaningless option of having no attribute
for agent (I'm not sure if the same is a problem for ruby).

Would a better formulation would be the following?

  * A required *selector* <#att.selector.attribute.selector> attribute.
    It contains an XPath expression which selects the nodes to which
    this rule applies.
  * At least one of the following:
      o A *transAgent* <#att.local.no-ns.attribute.locNoteRef> attribute
        that contains one or more comma separated strings, each one
        identifying a different translation agent.
      o A *transAgentRef* <#att.local.no-ns.attribute.locNoteRef>
        attribute that contains one or more space-separated IRI, each
        referring to a resource that identifies a different translation
        agent.
      o A *transRevisionAgent* <#att.local.no-ns.attribute.locNoteRef>
        attribute that contains one or more comma separated strings,
        each one identifying a different translation revision agent.
      o A *transRevisionAgentRef*
        <#att.local.no-ns.attribute.locNoteRef> attribute that contains
        one or more space-separated IRI, each referring to a resource
        that identifies a different translation revision agent.

> <its:agentRule selector="/html/body/par"/>
> would be legal, but doesn't make sense. If you have just the "agent"
> attribute and "agentRef", you can say that both (or just the former?)
> are mandatory - also the "agentType" attribute.
>
> Felix

cheers,
Dave