Re: General note on the ITS 2.0 spec

A big +1 to HTML5. This basically means an action item to add the sections
Jirka mentioned. Maybe even examples with HTML5, both globally and locally,
would be enough. We need them anyway for the test suite.

If people agree that this is the way to go, I am happy to add examples to
the spec. Please let me know your thoughts.

Felix

2012/7/17 Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>

> On 17.7.2012 13:14, Arle Lommel wrote:
>
> > I encountered one systematic issue: the existing draft refers primarily
> to XML. Since we want to support HTML5, any thoughts on how to refer to
> this support? Obviously not all locations will refer to HTML5 as well, but
> for those that do, should I call this "XML and HTM5+ITS" or something else?
>
> There are several possibilities, depending on context where XML is used:
>
> 1. We can stick to the current text and just add section(s) explaining
> usage on HTML
>
> 2. We can refer to "document" and define that document is either XML or
> HTML5
>
> 3. We can use some common abstraction like DOM.
>
> I would prefer using approach 1) and if not possible then 2).
>
>                         Jirka

>   Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz
>        Professional XML consulting and training services
>   DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
>  OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member

Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow