Re: [ACTION-160] (related to [ACTION-135] too) Summarize specialRequirements

2012/7/11 Arle Lommel <arle.lommel@dfki.de>

> I think we need to find out where Jan’s group is before we decide on
> this. If they don't have a proposal/implementation ready (yet), then maybe
> this is the perfect opportunity to coordinate with Microsoft and XLIFF on a
> common solution. If Microsoft is far along the path and willing to share,
> then maybe it shortens our development cycle to start where they are.
>
> I'm just afraid that it we end up with a simple enumeration solution

If that solves the problem of Cocomore and their customers, I'm not afraid
about that :)

> without at least range selectors and inverse, we will end up with a
> solution that will be seen as too cumbersome for many implementers and
> users. While it meets Michael’s needs and we need to be mindful of what
> implementers commit to, we also have to keep usability for the broader
> community in mind, and this is a case where I think that the broader
> community would expect more from ITS 2.0.
>

>From my experience it is OK to enhance a solution which is small and does
the right thing. If you do something in a hurry and do too much, you are
stuck with the mechanism. And don't forget our time line: we want to decide
about this by the end of July. I don't expect clear information about the
regex topic by then (but I may be wrong).

Felix

--
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow