Re: ACTION-147: Write something for option a) of rdf conversion, plus XSLT

Hi Maxime,

2012/7/3 Maxime Lefrançois <maxime.lefrancois@inria.fr>

> Hi Felix,
>
> Nice RDF output !

Thanks :)

> a few comments:
>
> - you might want to specify the datatype of 'yes/no' (its:yesOrNo ?),
> depending on the resolution of ISSUE-30
> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/30

Can you show me how that would look like, given the attached RDF/XML file?

> - to limit the length of the document, maybe invert the order of XSLT
> pattern (for each node, write its ITS properties)

Good point - done, see attachment.

> - about rdf:parseType="Literal" (which identifies literals of type
> rdf:XMLLiteral, c.f., example and n3 output of section
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#section-Syntax-XML-literals ). There
> might be a new rdf:parseType value tu use for HTMLLiteral. We shall keep an
> eye on RDF 1.1, as I understand we will need to specify XMLLiteral OR
> HTMLLiteral depending on the type of document we transform.

I know - I filed a related issue :)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-comments/2012Apr/0000.html

> - For CMS content, it might be useful to define the relative path starting
> from the element that has a certain id or a certain idValue attribute ?
> e.g., something like
> http://example.com/exampledoc.html#xpath(//.[@id=X]/...) or
> http://example.com/exampledoc.html#xpath(//.[@idValue=X]/...)

Not sure if I understand - what do you mean by "for CMS content"? Another
issue that if the input is not an HTML flavor but general XML, the
processor doesn't know about the datatypes of the nodes.

> - Now that we have a XSLT stylesheet based transformation, we may specify
> the GRDDL profile and register it.
> A link to this profile SHOULD be added to the output XML file, so that
> triples may be automatically extracted from it
> see this short introduction to GRDDL: http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view

I don't know the GRDDL process, I'm afraid - Is it possible to register a
cascade of stylesheets? See also
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jul/0007.html
I am using three stylesheets, and one of them just generates an
intermediate one ... that's the price for the general approach.

--
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow