[ACTION-78]Consider consolidation of localeSpecificContent and droprule

Hi Pedro, Moritz, guys,
I've  raised a specific action for the different consolidation items,
please continue discussion by repsonding under this subject line, so we
can keep the archive relatively structured. Comments below....

> DaveL, Moritz: Could localeSpecificContent be consolidated with
> dropRule, e.g. specifying the content should be drops for specific
> locales, for every translation, or for every translation except
> specified locales?
>
> >>Pedro>> Agreed, as long as in "localeSpecificContent" there is a way
> for saying: not to be translated in any locale. Perhaps for this it
> also enough Translate: no.

The objective of localeSpecificContent/dropRule is that it idenitfies
conent that shouldn't be submitted to the localsiation process at all
(for all or specific locales). This means, i presume, it should not even
be included as context. This implies that it should be stripped from
skeleton file when transformed into XLIFF.

In contrast, translate:no retains the element concerned as part of the
content submitted for localisation, as it may be a meaningful part of
the content, e.g. a proper name, or useful context, but it is just mark
not to be translated. Is that everyone's understanding.

Could we then state the requirement as:

"Indicate source content elements as only being suitable for
localisation to specific locales only, for not being suitable for
localisation to specific locales or for not being suitable for
localisation at all"

We might then call it "locale-filter"

A suggested data model might be

"locale-filter-type"
values: "positive", "negative" or "none"

where value "none" indicates that  the element should not be passed for
localization under any circumstances

"positive" means the element MAY ONLY be localised for the locales
specified in locale-filter-list

"negative" mean the element MUST NOT be localised for the locales
specified in the locale-filter-list

"locale-filter-list"
value: list of BCP-47 values

How does that sound?