Re: Parameters for rules?

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:54:10 +0200
To: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
CC: 'Multilingual Web LT Public List' <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
On 20.4.2012 14:02, Yves Savourel wrote:

> 1) Would having such variable mechanism (with possibly default values in the rule file) be useful?
>
> 2) Is it ok to contemplate changes like this to the basic ITS mechanism, or are they out-of-scope?

Hi Yves,

before thinking about adding something like this into ITS we should have
use cases supporting such addition.

Regarding syntax and processing I think that we can inspire ourselves
with ISO Schematron variables and abstract rules, which are quite
similar in some sense.

http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c040833_ISO_IEC_19757-3_2006(E).zip

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-stron/index.html

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/schematron/abstract.html