Re: inputdata

Hi Yves, all,

Am 04.09.13 14:49, schrieb Yves Savourel:
> Hi Felix, all,
>
> It looks like the directory structure of the test suite has no longer its inpudata folder.

Correct.

> GitHub syas it's a sub module and point here:
> https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/6f7c06a703fd4e355032da2a3a915163ff238d84

Yes, the actual location is here
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/conformance-checkers/html-its

> Is that the official new location to get the input file now?

Yes, thanks for checking this. Leroy: can you update that link in the
documentation?

> (we need to update several links, batch files, etc.)

Indeed.

> That looks like a revision location. What happens if we make a change in the input files? Will the path be the same?

The path will be
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/conformance-checkers/html-its
so you have to fork above directory. I have push access to it and then
can merge your branch. After changes in conformance-checkers/html-its I
will run
git subtree push -P conformance-checkers/html-its/ -b its-inputdata
origin its-inputdata
which will make the test suite upto date again.

Having the input files separately is not nice - but it has the benefit
that our HTML files from now on will be used for all HTML5 conformance
checking. That is useful for the sustainability of its and e.g. the
its-* prefix.

Best,

Felix