Re: [ACTION-230] ITS 2.0 Test suite on github

Mauricio,

Sorry i am currently in the process of updating these old files now so that
the testsuite is in a more uniform format. I am hoping to get most of the
updates done by Monday evening and commit them to the github then.

1) The test suite aim is to provide several input files so that we can test
> them in our system implementations and then generate the exact same output
> txt files with our system? I mean, do we need to develop our “own test
> suite” program to create those output files?
> If that’s the case, is there an specification of the result format
> available in some place? That is, the information that has to be on each
> line:
> Node_XPath[TAB]ITS rule that applies
>
> For example, we have lines like this in the first Translate XML test
> (translate1xmloutput.txt):
> path=/myMetaDoc/body[1]/par[2]/verbatim[1]/img[1]
> outputType=inherited  translate="no"
>
> In other lines of the same file there is no “outputType” info. Which
> possible values can be in this outputType property (inherited…)? When this
> outputType info has to be in the line and when has not?
> If we have to generate the exact same txt files this “specification” will
> be very helpful.

Yeah there is a uniform format. At the moment as i discussed above i am
currently cleaning up the output files this week as i have time to work on
it because the previous weeks I was busy preparing a demo for Locworld. I
have updated all the translate files now and i will be working down and
outputting new output files today and tomorrow. In translate this line now
appears as: */myMetaDoc/body[1]/par[2]/verbatim[1]/img[1]   translate="no"]*
In the next major update which i hope to have by Monday or Tuesday I also
hope to have uniformed filename structures.

You are expected to just replicate the tab-delimited output file format at
the end of the files. And then send them onto us here in Trinity. Currently
some of these are not up to date as the test suite has not been finalized
yet. But i plan as i said earlier to get the output files up to date by
Monday or Tuesday next week as not to confuse people about the output as
some output files are still in the older xml format or are not up to date
with the current output standard.  Translate should now be up to date.

Sorry for the confusion everything should be up to date by Tuesday at the
latest,
Thanks,
Leroy