From: Mauricio del Olmo [mailto:mauricio.delolmo@linguaserve.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:01 AM
To: 'Multilingual Web LT-TESTS Public'
Cc: 'Pablo Nieto Caride'; Fredrik Liden; 'Leroy Finn'
Subject: RE: Test Suit Specs - Pointers and RefPointers

Hello.

I see similar cases with the Domain files:

domain1xmloutput.txt
current:
/doc/body[1]    domainPointer=""          content="automotive"

Wouldn't it be better to show the domain that applies to the node regardless of where the value is located and in the pointer attribute show the path that points to it?
/doc/body[1]    domain="automotive"                domainPointer="/doc/head/meta[@name='DC.subject']/@content"

And with mappings:
domain2xmloutput.txt
current:
/doc/body[1]    domainMapping="automotive auto, medical medicine, 'criminal law' law, 'property law' law"                domainPointer=""          content="automotive"

When a mapping applies show the result of the mapping in the domain that applies:
/doc/body[1]    domain="auto" domainMapping="automotive auto, medical medicine, 'criminal law' law, 'property law' law"       domainPointer="/doc/head/meta[@name='DC.subject']/@content"

I think this way is much more understandable what the mechanism is (to show the domain or locNote that finally applies to the node) thinking forward for anyone who wants to implement ITS 2.0 in the future (2014, 2015...) not only us.

Cheers.
__________________________________
Mauricio del Olmo Martínez
Dpto. Técnico/I+D+i
Linguaserve Internacionalización de Servicios, S.A.
Tel.: +34 91 761 64 60 ext. 0421
Fax: +34 91 542 89 28
E-mail: tecnico@linguaserve.com<mailto:tecnico@linguaserve.com>
www.linguaserve.com<http://www.linguaserve.com/>

«En cumplimiento con lo previsto con los artículos 21 y 22 de la Ley 34/2002, de 11 de julio, de Servicios de la Sociedad de Información y Comercio Electrónico, le informamos que procederemos al archivo y tratamiento de sus datos exclusivamente con fines de promoción de los productos y servicios ofrecidos por LINGUASERVE INTERNACIONALIZACIÓN DE SERVICIOS, S.A. En caso de que Vdes. no deseen que procedamos al archivo y tratamiento de los datos proporcionados, o no deseen recibir comunicaciones comerciales sobre los productos y servicios ofrecidos, comuníquenoslo a clients@linguaserve.com<mailto:clients@linguaserve.com>, y su petición será inmediatamente cumplida.»

"According to the provisions set forth in articles 21 and 22 of Law 34/2002 of July 11 regarding Information Society and eCommerce Services, we will store and use your personal data with the sole purpose of marketing the products and services offered by LINGUASERVE INTERNACIONALIZACIÓN DE SERVICIOS, S.A. If you do not wish your personal data to be stored and handled, or you do not wish to receive further information regarding products and services offered by our company, please e-mail us to clients@linguaserve.com<mailto:clients@linguaserve.com>. Your request will be processed immediately."
__________________________________

I agree with Fredrik, the simpler the better.

I also think that maybe we should coordinate to commit changes to the files.

By the way Leroy my github user is pnietoca.

Cheers,
Pablo Nieto Caride
Dpto. Técnico/I+D+i
Linguaserve Internacionalización de Servicios, S.A.
Tel.: +34 91 761 64 60 ext. 0422
Fax: +34 91 542 89 28
E-mail: pablo.nieto@linguaserve.com<mailto:pablo.nieto@linguaserve.com>