Re: Not all test files are valid

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 19:29:28 +0100
To: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
CC: 'Multilingual Web LT-TESTS Public' <public-multilingualweb-lt-tests@w3.org>
On 29.12.2012 14:57, Yves Savourel wrote:

> I think having to declare the version of ITS at the root of the document, when there is no rules element, may be an issue. One could have formats where no third party namespaces are not allowed in the root but are ok in other places (where ITS markup can live). Is there a specific reason why the version must be at the root?

Actually the error message was taken directly from the spec:

http://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#its-version-attribute

"If there is no rules element in an XML document, a prefixed ITS version
attribute (e.g. its:version) MUST be provided at the root element of the
document."

You are right that this is probably too limiting. If there is no rules
element, then it should be sufficient if each element with local ITS
markup would have its:version attribute somewhere between its ancestors
but not necessary on the root element.

					Jirka