RE: Test suite dashboard (Re: [All implementers] test sute master file)

From: Pablo Nieto Caride <pablo.nieto@linguaserve.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 12:42:58 +0100
To: "'Felix Sasaki'" <fsasaki@w3.org>, "'Multilingual Web LT-TESTS Public'" <public-multilingualweb-lt-tests@w3.org>
Hi Felix,

Since I probably won't make it to the next call, I wanted to say that I totally agree with you about what is stated at point 1) because I think it's the best way to go, besides I checked it and it's really easy to understand and to interact with.
Per point 2) we will modify and adapt the output from now on.

Hi all again,

based on the latest version of

and on what is in github, I have created attached dashboard. It now contains a comparison of files that are in github.

Some thoughts below.

1) The generation of a machine readable file from
is error prone. Could we give up the google docs and move to the following process:
- add the test suite master file TestStuiteMaster.xml to github
- ask implementers to update the file if they contribute new output, and to commit that output to github.
- Leroy or others would "only" update input files, or even better:
implementers contributing these would do this themselves
- Re-generate testsuiteDashboard.html and testsuiteDashboard.xml. I could take care of that.

Since many people are on holiday I'd propose to decide about these things and the test suite master on the 7 January call.

2) Current state of test suite
See testsuiteDashboard.html
Thanks mostly to Enlaso, we have 30% coverage of tests - a big "thanks"
to Yves and Fredrik. But many others contributed a lot too; there are only minor errors in the files. E.g. Linguaserve deleted the index of an element if there is only one element, e.g.
a) /html/head/body/p[1]
but the reference output files do this only for the root element, e.g.
b) /html/head[1]/body[1]/p[1]
Either solution is fine, but since I think most implementers did use version a), maybe Linguaserve can change the output? That is, no index only at the root element, for all other elements there is an index.
I think my "highly optimization-oriented mind"
is the reason for the misunderstanding :)

3) What's needed next
We need output files in github.