Re: MLWLT-ISSUE-81 (Re: I18N-ISSUE-207: Term data category and dfn element [.prep-ITS-20])

The paragraph

[
There are also some HTML markup elements that have or can have similar,
but not necessarily identical, roles and behaviors as certain ITS 2.0
data categories. For example, the HTML dfn element could be used to
identify a term in the sense of the Terminology data category. However,
this is not always the case and it depends on the intentions of the HTML
content author. To accommodate this situation, users of ITS 2.0 are
encouraged to specify the semantics of existing HTML markup in an ITS
2.0 context with a dedicated global rules file. For example, a rule can
be used to define that the HTML dfn has the semantics of ITS term="yes".
For additional examples, see the XML I18N Best Practices document.
]

at
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#html5-existing-markup-versus-its

seems to address my concerns for this issue.

Thanks,
RI

--
Richard Ishida, W3C