Re: Comments on section 6.2 of ITS 2.0

On 05/07/13 16:57, Felix Sasaki wrote:

> So please answer my question on a technical level, not in terms of the
> standardization process.

Ok, but the process still matters. If we reject a resolution for an
issue "only because it's already shipped", then we can reject the
whole process.

So from a technical POV:

If we implement what I recommend with a CDATA section for XHTML docs,
getting the ITS rules from any script element is ALWAYS a matter of two
lines WHATEVER the flavor of HTML:

   var source = scriptElement.textContent;
   var itsInstance = (new DOMParser())
                       .parseFromString(source, "text/xml");

and the serialization is as simple, you create a TextNode or a
CDATASection. That's for _both_ editors and the xml toolchain. I can't
call that a burden.

If we keep the current HTML/XML dicotomy with textual contents on
one hand and a subtree on the other, that's considerably more complex
to deal with.

</Daniel>