Re: Comments on section 6.2 of ITS 2.0

On 05/07/13 16:42, Felix Sasaki wrote:

> Let's assume you raise the objection and we do what you implement with
> CDATA sections / XML comments that you proposed to resolve it. Then test
> files like these
> https://github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/blob/master/its2.0/inputdata/translate/html/translate7html.html
>
> won't work any more. We have several localization service providers in
> the group who work with an XML tool chain and that rely on the current
> representation. Your CDATA approach would put a burden on them, as Jirka
> stated.
>
> So in summary: if we follow your approach we will resolve your formal
> objection and create another one.

Felix, sorry to play the devil's advocate, but you're telling me
implementors shipping implementations _before_ REC will suffer and
a test must be updated... SHOULD we really care?

The former is their problem, since they shipped before PR, right?. I
remind you that even a CR that is a call for implementation _can_ fail
and go back to Last Call. The spec is planned to go directly from LC
to PR, don't blame me if the call for implementations is not done at
CR time.

</Daniel>