Re: Comments on section 7 of ITS 2.0

On 05/07/13 11:45, Jirka Kosek wrote:

>> 1. Nothing is said about the weird case of a XHTML document using
>>     _both_ its-* attributes AND attributes in the its namespace
>
> I think that such document would be non-conforming, see
> http://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#conformance-class-html5-its, as HTML5 itself
> prohibits any foreign attributes.

What about XHTML 1 and 1.1 ? These beasts are not unseen unicorns,
the world of EPUB2 for instance is full of them.

> I understand that this will make detection much easier, but not all
> libraries for serializing XML are giving you enough control over places
> where namespace declarations will actually appear. So my preference
> would be to require its:version attribute on the root element if we
> really want to have something ITS specific on the root element.

A namespace declaration being an attribute set on an element and
visible/editable in the OM, I absolutely don't see what you mean.
If the libraries you mention cannot control where they set the its
namespace, they have a serious problem.

</Daniel>