[ISSUE-94] Re: Use of XSD number types is inconsistent with numbers in HTML

On 17.1.2013 11:36, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> ITS 2.0 says things like: “An optional termConfidence attribute with
> the value of a rational number in the interval 0 to 1 (inclusive). The
> value follows the XML Schema decimal data type with the constraining
> facets minInclusive set to 0 and maxInclusive set to 1.”
>
> XSD number types allow leading and trailing whitespace. HTML-native
> number-valued attributes–such as those on <input type=range>–don’t.
>
> For consistency with the rest of HTML, please use the HTML number microsyntaxes:
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/common-microsyntaxes.html#numbers

Hi Henri,

thank you for the comment. We resolved is follows:

1. We switch from xsd:decimal to xsd:double datatype as HTML5 uses
double and this type is also easily mapped into common computer
representations.

2. In order to deal with whitespace processing diffences we added the
following into the spec:

"Values of attributes which corresponds to data categories which use XML
Schema double data type MUST be also valid floating-point numbers as
defined in [HTML5]."

Please let me know if this resolves your concerns.

Thanks,

    Jirka