Re: ISSUE-71: annotatorsRef [action-388]

Hi Chase, All,
This comment promted some good discussion at the WG face-to-face meeting
yesterday in Prague.

The concensus was:
1) As Yves indicated, the issue of potentially having many annotatorsRef
attributes added at different times by different processors is not a
major issue. It can be kept tidy fairly simply, and could be minimised
through best practice such as adding the annotation as close in the
nnode tree to the change as possible. As a result we don't see any
change is needed here.

2) The interaction between annotatorsRef and the local stand off
record/issue list in provenance and localisationQualityIssue data
categories is definitly problem, and there isn't a clean obvious
solution to managing this.

However after a broad discussion on the requirements, it was agreed that
using annotatorRef with these two data categories didn't bring us much,
so we agreed to exclude these from use with annotatorsRef.

We also discussed this further however, and concluded similarly that
there wasn't strong use cases for using annotatorRef with several other
data categories. We proposed therefore to exclude all data categories
from being used with annotatorsRef _except_ for the ones where it was
already deemed as mandatory, i.e. mt-confidence, disambiguation and
terminology.

So does anyone who was not at yesterday's face to face object to
restricting annotatorsRef to be usable only with mt-confidence,
disambiguation and terminology?

Chase, you comment has therefore been very helpful in refining the use
of annotatorsRef - thank you for that. So can I ask whether you are
satisfied with this response, so we can advance resolution of the issue?

Best Regards,,
Dave