I18N-ISSUE-240: Bad example: Hard-coded coordinates [ITS-20]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 01:54:48 +0000
To: public-multilingualweb-lt-comments@w3.org,www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-240: Bad example: Hard-coded coordinates [ITS-20]

Raised by: Norbert Lindenberg
On product: ITS-20

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#motivation-its-issues

Example 2 contains data that is highly inappropriate for an internationalized application: Hard-coded coordinates for user interface elements. Such coordinates would have to be changed during localization to accommodate strings that expand or shrink during translation, larger or smaller fonts used for a localized user interface, expansion or shrinkage in surrounding content, or a change in the overall directionality of the user interface.

These items should be removed from the example.