Re: How to handle non HTML formats embedded in HTML (Re: Comment on ITS 2.0 WD-its20-20121206 - Inline global rules in XHTML)

On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 22:20 +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 31.1.2013 20:59, Felix Sasaki wrote:
>
> >> and what about the XML vocabularies like SVG in XHTML5 and HTML5?
> >
> > I don't know the answer to this question, but I think it deserves a
> > different thread - hence this mail with a different topic. Jirka or
> > others, can you have a look?
>
> I think that story is easy there. As HTML doesn't offer real distributed
> extensibility and lacks mechanism similar to XML namespaces you can't
> use ITS on SVG fragment inserted inside HTML document.

I thought the HTML5 spec defined including SVG and MathML in such
a way that they're implicitly assigned their canonical namespaces
when selected with e.g. document.evaluate. Am I misremembering?

--
Shaun