Proceeding with [Core] via email discussion (Was Re: Postponed beginning for [Education], agenda for [Core])

On today's scheduled [Core] call there was disappointing attendance and
insufficient critical mass to make progress.

We decided to progress via mailing list and wiki for now, until our
first phone call a month from now (January 15th).

Here are some relevant points.

1. The agenda for today's call was comprised of a set of questions
below.  I invite discussion of these questions on the mailing list as a
way to move this forward.

2. If there are other items that you feel we should explore as part of
"what is most important for the core of the Web", please add your
thoughts as well.

3. Early next year, the Team will try to address some of these questions
as well.  That will provide further fodder for our discussion.  Let me
know if you have questions/comments for the Team.

Jeff