Re: Retiring the mobileOK checker

Hi Somnath,

On jeu., 2014-04-03 at 09:58 +0530, Somnath Chandra wrote:
> Awaiting your kind response. India is keen to have joint collaboration
> in this area.

Sorry for the delay, my schedule has been rather loaded the past few
weeks. See more below.

> > In India there is a huge growth of Mobile Web and content access
> > through Mobile. The Challenge here is multiple due to complexity of
> > 22 Indian Languages. A generic tool of Mobile Ok Checker having
> > Indic language option would be very much essential . India is very
> > much willing to collaborate in this area.
>
> > Looking forward to hear from you to crystallize our ideas.

This sounds like a potentially interesting development, indeed, but I'm
not sure I have a clear picture of what you think a tool could help with
in this space. Let me ask a few questions to help me understand it.

* you say the 22 Indian languages create a challenge; could you say more
about what challenges it creates? How do you think that a validation
tool could help solve these challenges?

* although mobile is clearly a critical access mechanism in India, I
wonder if there is any direct reason to integrate whatever checks we
would come up with in a mobile checker rather than in a dedicated tool,
or e.g. in the I18N checker [1]; I guess this might get clearer once the
first question is answered, but if you have already thoughts on the
topic, they would be help me.

* provided we converge on what the tool would help with, and where it
would live, the next steps would be to find out what resources would be
available to develop and maintain it; again, if you have already early
thoughts on this, they would be useful.

Thanks!

Dom

1. http://validator.w3.org/i18n-checker/