Re: installation

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:03:18 +0100
To: Rancid Iodine <rancid.iodine@gmail.com>
Cc: public-mobileok-checker@w3.org
Le lundi 16 janvier 2012 à 15:36 +0000, Rancid Iodine a écrit :
> Are there any detailed installation docs anywhere for the mobileok, or
> do we need to figure it out by ourselves?

Unfortunately not; the user manual you refer to below is also vastly
outdated. That said, I believe the gist of it is to compile the servlet
and have it run in a servlet environment.

>  mobileOK-Basic-RI-1.0-UserManual.pdf doesn't seem to be enough help
> as far as I can see.
>
> There are 3 main components from what I've gather thus far:
>
> 1 - the front end: mobileok-webui
>
> 2 - the java library: mobileok-ref
>
> and now thanks to this mailing list I discovered a 3rd part:
>
> 3 - the servlet component: mobileok-servlet

(1) is actually now outdated, and part of (3), really.

> The mobileok-webui part is easy to set up in a standard apache web
> server, but I am having trouble with components 2 and 3. Considering
> there's a servlet component, does one need a tomcat running alongside
> the apache?

Tomcat, or any other compatible servlet environment.

> Is there any decent documentation available on all of this?

Again, I'm afraid there isn't; if you do manage to go through the
installation, it would be great if you could document the process for
others?

Regards,