W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mobileok-checker@w3.org > January 2009

Re: Main Document Test / META_HTTP_EQUIV-2

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:58:09 +0100
Message-ID: <496B0621.1060800@w3.org>
To: Roland Gülle <roland@7val.com>
CC: public-mobileok-checker <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>

Hi Roland!

I created bug 6387 for that:
  http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6387

See inline below for a thought on the algorithm.
Feel free to commit the change.
I'd be happy to do it otherwise.

Many thanks for the report!

Francois.


Roland Gülle wrote:
> 
> Hi checker friends,
> 
> I have one question about the Main Document Test / META_HTTP_EQUIV-2.
> This check generates a warning when checking our mobile engine (as 
> example, http://wikipedia.7val.com),
> but I guess it's a bug in the test.
> 
> The XPath:
>     /moki/primaryDoc/retrieval/HTTPResponse[last()]/header[@name=$meta_equiv]/@value 
> 
> doesn't match with the moki structure:
> ...
>             <header name="content-type">
>                <element name="application/xhtml+xml">
>                   <parameter name="charset" value="utf-8"/>
>                </element>
>             </header>
> ...
> 
> We have to add one more test:
>     if the attribute header[@name="$meta_equiv"]/@value is available, we 
> take this.
>     If not, we have to use the @name attribute.
>         If there are parameter nodes, we add them:
>          ;@name=@value

We should probably also merge the different possible "element" elements 
with ",". I don't think there are many cases (or even a single one in 
practice) where an HTTP Response header field contains a list of values, 
but it's possible in theory at least.

In other words:
	header-name: value1;param1=paramvalue1,value2,value3;param3=paramvalue3

...would be represented as:
  <header name="header-name">
   <element name="value1">
    <parameter name="param1" value="paramvalue1"/>
   </element>
   <element name="value2" />
   <element name="value3">
    <parameter name="param3" value="paramvalue3"/>
   </element>
  </header>


> ...
> 
> Locally I've added this test and it works fine.
> If I should commit this changes, please let me know.
> 
> Cheers,
>  Roland
> 
> 
> 
Received on Monday, 12 January 2009 08:58:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 12 January 2009 08:58:44 GMT