Re: Subtests that apply to HTTP header fields [was: Re: mobileOK validation logic - jar file?]

Hi Francois,

Thanks for these and also for your previous suggestions. I have been
looking at the documentation and also the code, and here is my
initial thoughts:

1. A mOKI (intermediary) document will be created from the local file
with some missing information (e.g., HTTPRequest and HTTPResponse,
etc...)  [Note: Assuming that they will not be provided externally,
may be done in the future].
2. I suggest that each test returns either "PASS", "FAIL" or
"NOT_APPLICABLE".
     The overall result will be "IN_COMPLETE", if any of the tests
return "NOT_APPLICABLE".
Here I am assuming that the tests will stay as they are specified in
<http://www.w3.org/TR/mobileOK-basic10-tests/>, they only return PASS/
FAIL/WARNING (if there is a missing information, we will assume that
that is because of the difference between File/URI validation
approach, not that because they don't exist in the original document ).

For example, in CACHING <http://www.w3.org/TR/mobileOK-basic10-tests/
#CACHING>, all the sub-tests assume that we have all the information
from the HTTP Header, however, with this approach, we will also check
if know that information and if we won't then the test will return
"NOT_APPLICABLE".

With this approach, the major changes will be in the way
"PreProcessorResult" is created and also the XSLT files to check if
we know the requested HTTP Header information for each test, if we
don't then the tests will return "NOT_APPLICABLE".

What do you think about this? Does this make sense?

Yeliz.