De: public-mobileok-checker-request@w3.org [mailto:public-mobileok-checker-request@w3.org] En nombre de Guido García Bernardo
Enviado el: martes, 07 de octubre de 2008 9:52
Para: Matt Maths
CC: public-mobileok-checker@w3.org
Asunto: Re: using mobileok-checker

Hi Matt,

I am not member of the mobileok development team, so you can consider my
point of view as objective. In my project, we have been using mobileok
checker for quite some time, introducing some changes in order to add
our own XSL tests.

a. It is stable enough since the alpha release (one year ago).  In
earlier versions we had some problems (with the 0.01% of the pages)
because some pages were cauisng the checker to throw an unexpected
exception and fail.
In my opinion, the code is also readable and understandable.  That makes
your development a lot easier.

b. The support in this forum has been highly satisfactory in my case,
with Sean Owen and Dom (among others) answering questions and even
solving those problems above in less than 24 hours.

c. We also needed to check each linked page, so we modified mobileok to
define some non-visible classes and methods as public (i.e. Preprocessor
class) to be called from our code (as the
org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.Tester class does) :

    mobileok <- third party application

In my opinion, this is the major drawback for third party projects to
interact with the "mobileok core".  Now, I think a better approach would
have been to keep mobileOk as it is, and use the moki XML files to
interact with it. Maybe this approach is easier to mantain in the long run :

    mobileok -> moki <- third party application

If you look for the message "Some thougths about mobileok checker"