RE: using mobileok-checker

Hi Matt,

>a. Is using mobileok-checker mature enough for us ( a third party) to build >a test tool based on it?

Best Practices Working Group resolved release v1.0 of the checker past July, so it can be said that the library is in a stable status. The task force keeps its activity in maintenance mode (some enhancement level bugs, updating documentation or updating tests according to some modifications in the mobileOK Basic Tests doc). Having said that, the library is licensed under W3C Software License and I encouraged you to read it before use it or starting any project on top of that.

>b. Can we expect some support from this forum, such as if we run a >implementation idea here or if we are getting an error?
This task force would appreciate any information on bugs or comments that might appear using the checker. Regarding implementation ideas or improvements in the checker feel free to comment them in this list.

>c. We would like to implement a tool, that not only tests the main page of >the site, but also bots down to all links and checks each page (i.e. runs >tests on each page). What is the best way to achieve this?

The checker was designed taking into account extensibility. The library produces an intermediate XML document (moki) with a lot of information about the page (links, images, markup, HTTP connections). So I think that the suitable approach for you is to take advantage of such intermediate document and build your library on top of it. (Regarding bots issue, the library only performs an analysis per page, and not considers the whole site. However there are some open source projects that can help you with this purpose).

For more information about how to achieve this I suggest the Task Force page, especially the developer manual (it is not fully updated but the main design and API concerns are still valid).

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Checker/

Regards,
Abel.

I would appreciate some help. We are looking to build an internal validation tool that automatically validates our mobile content on test servers. The kind of information we want to validate is
xhtml compliance
profanity
spell check
reference to external links
redirects
some basic content compliance (such as headers and footers)
and some other tests......

I wanted to find out
a. Is using mobileok-checker mature enough for us ( a third party) to build a test tool based on it?
b. Can we expect some support from this forum, such as if we run a implementation idea here or if we are getting an error?
c. We would like to implement a tool, that not only tests the main page of the site, but also bots down to all links and checks each page (i.e. runs tests on each page). What is the best way to achieve this?

I would appreciate if you can answer my questions so that we can make right decisions

thanks

Matt

--0-387194085-1223331125=1980

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would appreciate some help. We are looking to build an internal validation tool that automatically validates our mobile content on test servers. The kind of information we want to validate is</DIV>
<DIV>xhtml compliance</DIV>
<DIV>profanity</DIV>
<DIV>spell check</DIV>
<DIV>reference to external links</DIV>
<DIV>redirects</DIV>
<DIV>some basic content compliance (such as headers and footers)</DIV>
<DIV>and some other tests....</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I wanted to find out</DIV>
<DIV>a. Is using mobileok-checker mature enough for us ( a third party) to build a test tool based on it?</DIV>
<DIV>b. Can we expect some support from this forum, such as if we run a implementation idea here&nbsp;or if we are getting an error?</DIV>
<DIV>c. We would like to implement a&nbsp;tool, that not only&nbsp;tests the main page of the site, but also bots down to all links and checks&nbsp;each page (i.e. runs tests on each page). What is the best way to achieve this?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would appreciate if you can answer my questions so that we can make right decisions</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thanks</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Matt</DIV>