Re: Help needed

Hi Peter,

I'm not so sure I understand what your question encompasses or not. Let
me try to answer it with the example of the ImagesSpecifyTest test.
Let's pretend this test is not part of the Checker yet and that you want
to add it. The test will be handled by some XSLT stylesheet.

Here is what you would have to do.

Step 1: Create an ImagesSpecifySizeTest java class.
------
The Class should extend the AbstractXSLTTestImplementation abstract
class. The abstract class contains the code to actually fetch and apply
the XSLT stylesheet. You shouldn't have any specific code to add there,
apart from setting the test type to the one you're about to create in
Step 2 below.
See:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2007/mobileok-ref/src/org/w3c/mwi/mobileok/basic/ImagesSpecifySizeTest.java?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain

Step 2: Add the test to the list of tests
------
The Checker has to know that the test exists.
This is done by completing the TestType.java file:
- add an IMAGES_SPECIFY_SIZE to the TestType enum
- add "temp.put(IMAGES_SPECIFY_SIZE, new ImagesSpecifySizeTest());" to
the mapping

See:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2007/mobileok-ref/src/org/w3c/mwi/mobileok/basic/TestType.java?rev=1.14&content-type=text/plain

Step 3: Create the ImagesSpecifySizeTest XSLT
------
The name of the XSLT file has to match the name of the Java class.
Create the file in the xslt subfolder.
The XSLT is applied to the MOKI document.
The XSLT is to generate a "<test>[blah]</test>" section that will be
automatically merged with the rest of the tests to produce the final result.

See:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2007/mobileok-ref/src/org/w3c/mwi/mobileok/basic/xslt/ImagesSpecifySizeTest.xsl?rev=1.13&content-type=text/plain

Step 4: Compile the checker
------
Running "ant build-deploy-jar" from the command-line should do
everything for you if you've put the new files among the existing ones.
It does 2 things:
  1/ compilation of the code in itself, which could be done by some
other means (e.g. using Eclipse)
  2/ compilation of the new XSLT file. The Checker uses Saxon to parse
and apply the XSLT stylesheets. Compilation of the XSLT stylesheets
increases performance. The compilation can be done manually by following
the instructions in:
   http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/using-xsl/compiling.html

The Checker should then apply the new test and return the result in its
output XML.

Hope this helps answering your question,
Francois.