TABLES_NESTED with no doctype / html namespace

From: Guido García Bernardo <ggarciab@itdeusto.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:31:59 +0100
To: public-mobileok-checker <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>

Hi,

I wonder if the test "TABLES_NESTED" could be modified to work with
documents that do not declare the doctype or the html namespace on its
html root element.
I think in this case both CONTENT_FORMAT_SUPPORT and TABLES_NESTED
should fail.  The first one because of the doctype and html namespace
problems, and the second one because of the nested tables.  Now only the
first one results in FAIL, no matters the number of nested tables.

If the current behaviour is the desired one, maybe you could help me a
little with the steps I should take to adapt it to my needs.

I have already tried to modify

            <xsl:variable name="result">
                 <xsl:apply-templates
select="/moki/primaryDoc/XHTMLDocInfo/docContent/html:html//html:table//html:table"
/>
            </xsl:variable>

            <xsl:variable name="result">
                 <xsl:apply-templates
select="/moki/primaryDoc/XHTMLDocInfo/docContent/html//table//table" />
            </xsl:variable>

with no success, as it still passes the test.

The url I am testing against is http://soziety.com/nested.html, the same
used as test/data/ROOT/TablesNestedTest/1 but without the doctype and
namespace declarations.

Thank you very much,
guido.