RE: Last item for beta -- new MAIN_DOCUMENT test

Hi Sean,

>we don't really define a "MAIN_DOCUMENT" test
>in mobileOK Basic and just imply that if the test document can't be
>retrieved, the other test results don't have meaning.

Yes, we created MAIN_DOCUMENT element for grouping HTTP_RESPONSE_* and
META_HTTP_EQUIV_* outcomes related to main resource under test.
But some of these outcomes are simply WARNs and we think that makes
sense
passing the rest of mobileOK tests. Moreover, we consider
HTTP_RESPONSE_1
as the only one in which it does not make sense passing the rest of the
tests (Because we do not have any response at all). The current
behaviour in this case is that the following exception is raised:

"Exception in thread "main" org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.TestException: A
network error has happened while retrieving the requested Web page.
MobileOK Basic Test can not be launched."

More info of this issue can be found in thread [1]
What do you think of that?

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mobileok-checker/2008Jan/0109
.html