RE: Warning text at odds with Mobile Web Best Practices

Hi Paschal,

>The warning says "Detects incorrect uses of caching techniques"  -

Yes, perhaps it is a bit severe to say it in this way since it is just a
warning. Something like the text you propose would be ok. However, I
think this output is part of the checker interface and not of the
library itself,
so perhaps Francois or Dom can help with this.

>Section 5.4.15.2 says that it is perfectly correct to use nocache to
>prevent caching.

The text you mention simply states that you should consider using these
headers depending on your application needs.
Anyway, the checker code implements mobileOK Basic Tests 1.0, which are
machine testable algorithms based on some of the Mobile Web Best
Practices 1.0. If you review Caching test [1] you can see that these
warnings are aligned with the document.

Regards,
Abel.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/mobileOK-basic10-tests/#CACHING