W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mobileok-checker@w3.org > October 2007

Re: Countdown to alpha release

From: Sean Owen <srowen@google.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:36:53 -0400
Message-ID: <e920a71c0710081836y2b3ddab4v5f06f1101a06d13a@mail.gmail.com>
To: "Guido García Bernardo" <ggarciab@itdeusto.com>
Cc: "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org>, public-mobileok-checker <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>
I believe I traced this to a bug in resolver.jar. Looks like at some
point it creates a URL from an expression like ' "file:" + base ' when
it should be ' "file://" + base ', which makes it unable to resolve a
local filesystem copy of the DTDs, and go retrieve a remote copy,
which is slow and spams w3.org. I checked in a fix, plus patched
version of resolver.jar.

Sean

On 10/8/07, Guido García Bernardo <ggarciab@itdeusto.com> wrote:
>
>  Dominique Hazael-Massieux escribió:
>
>  Sounds good; just a small note, though: someone reported this morning to
> our webmaster that their IP address got blocked due to too many
> downloads of one of the XHTML DTDs while using the mobileOK checker
> library: has anyone verified that we don't hit the network when
> validating pages?
>
> Dom
>
>  In this thread Sean Owen talked about CatalogResolver no longer working as
> expected, maybe it is related:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mobileok-checker/2007Sep/0028.html
>
>  This is the stack trace I get, just in case it could be useful.  You can
> see the 503 response code I get when trying to access the w3c webserver
>
>  Exception in thread "main"
> org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.TestException:
> java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL:
> http://www.w3c.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd
>      at
> org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.HTTPXHTMLResource.validateMarkup(HTTPXHTMLResource.java:451)
>      at
> org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.HTTPXHTMLResource.<init>(HTTPXHTMLResource.java:106)
>      at
> org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.Preprocessor.preprocess(Preprocessor.java:34)
>      at
> org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.Tester.getPreprocessorResults(Tester.java:76)
>      at
> org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.Tester.main(Tester.java:131)
>  Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for
> URL:
> http://www.w3c.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd
>      at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1241)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:677)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:1316)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:1283)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDTDScannerImpl.java:283)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDriver.dispatch(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1168)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1068)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:988)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:645)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:140)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:508)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:807)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:107)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
>      at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
>      at
> org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.HTTPXHTMLResource.validateMarkup(HTTPXHTMLResource.java:440)
>      ... 4 more
>
>  Thank you,
>  Guido García Bernardo
>
Received on Tuesday, 9 October 2007 01:37:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:13:04 GMT