Re: Raw HTTP Headers

On 5/25/07, Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi> wrote:

> > How does it modify the headers -- just trimming whitespace?
> >
> > My view on this is that we should record the entire response,
> > verbatim, in a CDATA section, Base64 encoded per EARL (or not), and
> > then feel free to embrace all kinds of normalization and parsing in
> > the moki document.
> >
> > You've got the original stashed away for the record, and then the
> > useful, parsed version in the moki document.
> >
> > So: no I'd rather not be bothered by this.
>
> I'm sorry, I don't understand, you seem to be at odds with yourself on
> this. You both don't want to do it and want to have the verbatim record?

There are two copies, no?

We have the verbatim response recorded somewhere, then, we also have
this processed version with <header> and <element> tags. I'm not
bothered if the latter is normalized in some ways, since we're already
obviously processing it quite a bit. Any question of audit trail is
answered by the verbatim copy. That seems to satisfy all requirements.