Re: ACTION: The order of HTTP Headers

On 5/23/07, Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi> wrote:
> So, ref normalization of order, I think we can safely sort headers (as
> long as we preserve the original order of headers with the same name
> normalized for case).

Nice, that seems like the right solution.

> In general I don't think we can order parameters, though in many cases
> the order is not significant.

Agreed, no reordering of params. The Accept header is a good example.

> All of which leads me to conclude that diffing results documents may not
> be a reliable way to determine whether the semantics are the same or
> not.

If ordering varies in the ways you describe above, I think it should
trigger a failure, so I think diffs are still OK.

> However, it also leads me to ask whether a moki document will actually
> form part of that comparison? Surely we will be comparing the results
> format? If that is RDF then I suppose we will have to use an RDF tool to
> make the comparison?

Roland requested that we incorporate the moki document into the unit
tests for each test. Unless it causes undue burden, I think it's good
to validate this output as well.