Re: More checked into CVS

From: Roland Gülle <roland@7val.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:53:04 +0200
Cc: public-mobileok-checker@w3.org
To: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>

>> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>>                  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>>
>> 	xmlns:xmlns="http://moki.mobi/2007/v0.1">
>
> Shouldn't we actually be setting the default namespace by
>
> xmlns="http://moki.mobi/2007/v0.1" rather than by
> xmlns:xmlns="http://moki.mobi/2007/v0.1"?
OK, to generate this as output namespace works, but using this in my
XPath will not work.

To use the namespaces in my XPath, I use (not regarding any namespace
policy):
<xsl:stylesheet... xmlns:moki="http://moki.mobi/2007/
v0.1" ...xmlns="http://moki.mobi/2007/v0.1">
to use XPath like:
/moki:moki//moki:docContent

But is there an issue with the _real_ document namespaces?
In this example, the document has an empty namespace:
<docContent>
What if the document uses different/other namespaces?

Should we always use 'namespace-safe' XPath (//*[local-name() =
'html'])?
Should namespaces be removed by the 'moki doc generator' inside the
docContent?

  roland