ACTION-511: line and column numbers from DOM

From: Sean Owen <srowen@google.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 13:44:17 -0400
To: public-mobileok-checker <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>

Just a quick update on what Laura has found concerning line and column
numbers in DOM:

The DOM / JAXP APIs do not expose this information, but, both Saxon
and Xerces do in their own implementations. We would have to then bind
directly to one implementation to take advantage of this but that
seems OK.

Saxon exposes only line numbers. Xerces exposes line and column. We
need Saxon for its more advanced XPath / XSLT support. But Xerces is a
parser, Saxon is an XSLT engine, more or less, so we should be able to
use both. *Should*. We'll see next week.