Re: latest xmlproc module available?

Hi,

Le mardi 12 juin 2007 à 14:33 +0900, Hyucheol Kim a écrit :
> Currently we are developing a Korean version of Mobile Web Best
> Practices checker.
> We are using open source version of Mobile Web Best Practices
> checker(http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/mwbp-validator/) for our
> project.
>
> We found a bug in XML Well-formedness checking.
>
> But according to the configuration part of the installation
> instructions
>
> (http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/mwbp-validator/doc/install.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8),
>
> this bug was fixed. But we are still having the same bug.
>
>  I assume that is version of checker is using later version of
> modified xmlproc module than that of
>
> the http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/mwbp-validator/ version.
>

> I couldn't update that module since the latest version is only
> available to the Working Group members.
>
> Is it possible to use that module for our project? If it is can you
> tell me how to get it?

Actually, the current BP checker is the one in CVS - no part of it is
restricted to Working Group Members.

With regard to the bug you referred to, the bug is in fact in the
python-xml package (which is developed outside of this project
completely), and which unfortunately doesn't seem to be maintained any
longer - thus why the bug report URI doesn't work any longer.

If that can helps, it looks like the bug fix is simply a matter of
modifying the xmlutils.py file in that package, by adding the line
  self.datasize = len(self.data)
right after the line:
                self.data = self.charset_converter(self.data)
in the parse_xml_decl function (around line 722).

That said, you may be interesting to know that there is an ongoing
effort to redevelop a better software to check compliance with the Best
Practices (or more accurately, to mobileOK Basic); this work is done in
cooperation between a few of the W3C BPWG members (Google, dotMobi,
Fundaction CTIC, 7val, and W3C), to create a more reliable and more
accurate library that can be used as a basis for other tools, including
a renewed W3C mobileOK checker.

You can learn more about this on-going project at:
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Checker/Overview.html

In particular, the in-development Java code for this new library is also
available in our public CVS repository at:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2007/mobileok-ref/

Should you be interested in participating in that effort, please let us
know, and we would be happy to give more details on this.

Kind regards,

Dom