RE: VALID_MARKUP local DTD catalog

From: Abel Rionda <abel.rionda@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:01:37 +0200
To: "Ruadhan O'Donoghue" <rodonoghue@mtld.mobi>
Cc: <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>

Some comments related to markup validation test [1]:

*In the latest version of moki we have an XHTMLValidity element,
But according with this test it would be better having two different
Blocks such as

-<MarkUpValidity>: Validate against its declared DOCTYPE and report
 errors (It is a simply rename of the current
 XHTMLValidity element)

-<MobileValidity>: Validate against XHTML Basic and MP DTDs and report
errors (perhaps it would better without any report of validation

[We have committed above changes]

Ruadhan, we have two questions:

*Is it possible that the Catalog Resolver is not downloading the DTDs
 from the net when a particular one is not included in the local copy?
(We had to add basic 1.1 DTD to the local DTD repository in order to
 check this grammar)

*We have made the process of checking against a particular DTD (not the
declared one) extending the catalog resolver class and overwriting
the resolver entity method. Might this be done through the configuration
of the Resolver?

CTIC team.