September F2F Venue

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:53:46 +0200
To: public-mobileok-checker <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>

Hi,

As far as I know, we're still scheduled to have our next Task Force F2F
on September 4 to 5 (or 6), in W3C European Offices, in
Sophia-Antipolis, near Nice.

We still need to decide whether we will be meeting 2 or 3 days.

Meanwhile, here come a few indications on the venue:
* where the offices are, and how to get there:
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/directions.html#sophia

>From the Airport, you can either rent a car or get a cab to the offices
area; if you rent a car, there are detailed driving instructions at:
http://www.w3.org/2003/04/driving-to-Sophia.html
* to stay in Sophia, the available hotels are described at:
http://www.w3.org/2005/03/Sophia-hotels.html

I usually stay at the Novotel, which is at walking distance from our
offices.

Note that Sophia-Antipolis is not a city: you can't do much there beyond
working; so we'll have dinner in one of the surrounding cities, most
likely Antibes, which are much more lively and also give a much more
accurate view of what the French Riviera is.

I'm not quite sure how busy the area is early September, but it might be
a good idea not to wait until the last minute to make a reservation; I
can also arrange for someone at the office to make the reservations in
one of the hotels if that helps.

Dom